EMPOWERING WOMEN THROUGH ADVENTURE
Welcome Salty Sea Sister. We are so happy you found us!
Salty Sea Sisters began in 2020 from the belief that through encouragement and connection, women could be inspired to try new things and gain the confidence to actively pursue adventure.
We want to encourage as many of you as possible to swim, surf, hike, mountain bike, skate etc, and share your stories of connection and triumph along the way.
We truly believe that through our individual stories and community support, we can inspire each other to conquer our fears and build confidence in ourselves through the simple act of giving things a go.
Whether you are here to find a group, make friends, or try something new,
This is how Salty Sea Sisters works:
(1) We have lovingly collated a free directory of groups (marked as either free, paid, mixed, and/or women only) on our website Tribe Finder page, giving you access to all the information, and putting the power of connection in your hands. We encourage you to reach out and message any of the groups listed, and even attend one of their meet-up’s. We update this information quarterly so be sure to keep an eye out, or better yet, submit your own group information to us to add to the list.
(2) We have created a range of Salty Sea Sister adventure maps which you can purchase through our website Shop page, each one providing you with information on locations and landmarks scattered throughout Ireland and the UK. This idea behind these maps is to make it easier for you to actively pursue your next adventure.
(3) We have developed our own community app called Sister of Wild, designed in order to provide a forum in which we can all connect and swap stories. More information on our app can be found here.
(4) We continuously promote locations, people, activities, events and communities on our Instagram page and actively encourage you to “like”, support and message each other! If we share a group or individual or location on our feed/story, reach out to them, go for a dip, ask them about their hike or even invite for a coffee.
(5) We also run some free events of our own including a big festival once a year, where we invite you to celebrate your new connections and adventures. Details of our festival and events are listed on our website events page.
We take a lot of pride in this community and hope you find you’re kindred spirits.
We are the feral ones.